Some awesome things in no particular order:
1) No chemo this week!! I still have lots of doctor appointments to juggle (4 this past week), but so happy to have no more chemo! The bruises on my arms from the injection sites are fading and I am happy to report that I look less and less like an intravenous drug user.
2) The CT scan confirmed that the tumours in the neck area are no longer detectable!! Amazing.
3) Nate rolling around in a beautiful blanket sent by some very thoughtful colleagues.
4) My cold is basically gone.
5) A special treat of brunch at the Four Seasons with two amazing girlfriends, courtesy of the Robins – thank you! It had been so long since I’d be out for a meal, especially somewhere so fancy, that I felt like a complete tourist, and found myself exclaiming – “this is so beautiful!” over and over.
6) A hat sale at the wig store in the hospital!
7) You guys! Thanks everyone, for being so awesome, for sending support through email, phone, mail; for traveling here by plane and car; sending treats of food, flowers, and drink. You have provided some much needed comfort!
Some not-so-awesome things:
1) A few side effects are lingering. For example, my feet still get crazy itchy if I try to walk for too long, or walk too quickly. And my nails are turning brown and look a bit warped. My energy levels are improving but I still feel tired easily.
2) I walked into a bra shop because there was a sign that said, “Now specializing in mastectomy fittings.” But the moment I started asking about it, I started crying. The two salesladies were very sweet. They handed me a business card and then I promised to come back when I was ready. I am definitely a bit weepy these days. I suppose I had been focusing so much on all the physical aspects of chemo that I’m only now really processing how much my life has changed, and how much it will change still.
But all in all, the awesome things far outweigh the not-so-awesome things! And that in itself is awesome.